Do you want your bedroom to give off a romantic feeling? Do you want it to resemble a quiet and soothing oasis? Since we, as humans, are used to responding to colours with our hearts rather than our heads, the colours you choose for your home’s furnishings, walls, accessories, etc. This is the key to getting the best possible feel for your dream home irrespective of the room you’re decorating.
Before we take a look at four of the most popular colours and the moods they represent, let’s take a look at a few of the methods you could use to try and find the best colours for your home:
- You could look at a few crayons and try to figure out which ones you like the most.
- Go to a clothing store and take a look at the displays. Which colours attract you the most? Have a look at your closet and you will probably notice a palette of colours which you like. The same colours which represent your favourite clothes can be used for your home too.
- For kids’ rooms, let your kids choose from among some colourfully wrapped candy. The candy wrappers they love the most are the ones you should use for their room.
- Take a walk in nature and look at the flowers, the bugs, the trees, butterflies, etc. You can find some of the prettiest colors in nature.
- You could also go into a grocery store and check out the product aisle. Which colors do you find most enticing?
- And lastly, you could obviously visit a paint store and look at sample paint strips.
Now, let’s take a look at four of the most popular colours and what they represent: