Acidity is something which is provoked by a surplus secretion of acids from the gastric glands in your stomach. It’s a well-known fact that the acid secreted by the stomach is required for normal digestive processes since it produces various digestive enzymes which break down complex foods. But when this acid is more than usual, we feel heartburn and get a sensation that our throat is inflamed. A couple of the symptoms of acidity are ulcers and dyspepsia. Acidity can also be provoked by the consumption of spicy food, alcohol or anti-inflammatory drugs. Now, let’s take a look at some of the ways in which you can naturally reduce acidity in the body:
- Sucking on a clove piece will provide immediate relief. You could also consume some dairy products like milk or fresh mint juice.
- Mix a couple of spoons of honey and apple cider vinegar in some water. Drink it after each meal. Fruits like banana, cucumber, watermelon and papaya are great to treat acidity too.
- Stay away from the consumption of aerated drinks, coffee or tea. If you must, drink herbal teas which have spearmint or licorice in them.
- Drinking 3-4 glasses of coconut water on a daily basis can prove to be quite useful as well.
- One more solution you could try out is sucking on 10 gms of jaggery after every meal. This will help you avoid acidity problems. Drinking a glass of cabbage juice daily is a good solution too. You consider drinking some water with a little soda in it too.
- Basil leaves are known to help reduce acidity. Chew on some of them daily for best results.
- Take some carom seeds in your mouth after each meal and try chewing slowly on them. This should resolve your acidity problems quite easily.
- Ginger root has a unique property of absorbing acid from inside your stomach. You could consider purchasing ginger root capsules from nutritional stores or from natural health food stores.
- Fennel seeds can be quite helpful when it comes to fighting acidity. This is a powerful herb which contains anethole which suppresses stomach spasms or spasms in the gastrointestinal tract. They can prove to be quite helpful when it comes to acidity problems. Chew on half a teaspoon of these seeds after each meal for the best results.
Above all, please be informed that before starting any diet or trying out any diet, home remedy, consult a doctor. These health and wellness tips, nutrition advice is not meant to treat or cure any medical condition or disease. As mentioned always, consult with your doctor about your personal health and wellness.